Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I loved you......

Christian Louboutin
No I don't own these $2500 boots but
I sooo wish I did!


I am blessed.  No doubt about it.  I have the most amazing friends and family that surround me, lift me up, encourage me and never let me forget how much they believe in me.
That being said I had a special email tonight from a lady that I admire more than she will ever know.  This is a lady who is a leader in our community.  She has the incredibly hard job of teaching children when children are sometimes not at the age to easily love, and she loves them all.  She loves the children she teaches regardless of their size, their shape, their smell, their ethnicity and their ability to learn.  She loves her husband, her daughter, her friends and her nieces and nephews, her parents.....You know what I mean.  She not only loves people but she believes in them.  This is someone (that although is younger than me), I wish I could grow up to be like.  She reached out to me with a silly, sweet email that asked for  "a kick in the ass" which immediately sent me into a fit of giggles because this wonderful lady is someone who is quite capable of kicking my ass.......into next Tuesday (at least) ;0).
But she made me think.  How did she possibly know that I'm having a tough time right now?  How did she know that my fever has sidelined me and I ate a mini bag of Cheetos and M&M's last night, that my husband is lovingly laying his trousers on my spin bike reminding me that it is NOT a clothes hanger?  How did she know in her moment of needing "inspiration" that I so desperately needed hers?
So my dear friend I thought of a story to share that I think of every time I need inspiration.  A story about a wonderful dear friend I have named Renee.  Now I usually don't post people's names unless I first get their permission, but in this case I don't think Renee will mind.
I've had a pretty big transformation since August.  My "outsides" changed way faster than my "insides".  Now mind you I still have a HUGE amount to go, but at about 35 pounds lost people started to notice.  I quickly realized that had no idea how to react, and what to say.  The attention, quite honestly, scared me.  (Some of these stories for another blog entry).  I now know (as my "insides" are getting healthy with my "outsides), that some of this notice was genuine, but at the time I had no idea what to do. 
Renee quietly walked up to me put her arms around me and whispered in my ear "I loved you just as much six months ago." and walked away.
I was stunned at first because I had no idea what she meant.  Later when I realized the impact of her words I sobbed as I told my beautiful daughter Maria of Renee's words.
Renee loved me just as much six months before.  That was before I started my weight loss journey, before I counted calories, exercised and before I could fit my chubby calves into my kick ass (woot woot) biker boots....She loved me.  She loved me when my "fat girl" clothes were too tight, when I'd hit a wall. 
I am blessed. No doubt about it. I have the most amazing friends and family that surround me, lift me up, encourage me and never let me forget how much they believe in me.
I think you are amazing and I believe in you!
P.S.  I have it on GOOD authority that slug slime has ZERO Weight Watcher points!
Do I love you?  OHMYDOI!

1 comment:

  1. <3 you so much aunt roxy! you make me want to be a better person then i am, and knowing you, having you in my life has already made me a better person then i could ever have hoped to be without you.

    ReplyDelete