Friday, March 8, 2013

White Leather Sketchers......

Sitting here thinking of what to write I realized what a diverse population this Starbucks has. All but two of the tables are at capacity and only two of the chairs are empty. We have everything from the typical Starbucks "hipster" on their iPhones, to two brightly clad silver foxes with their white leather Sketchers sipping their coffee while talking about their grandchildren. Over the 10 minutes I've been here I've observed a three generation family talk excitedly about the Home Show here in Everett and a handful of busy toddler moms drag their children through the line screaming for "not the FAKE coffee a REAL one like yours Mom!"
Through it all I realize I love that I can achieve being anonymous at my table, trusty cappuccino at my side. To them I'm just a lady (with obvious gray grow out) typing away at her iPad.  I LOVE this! (Insert crying toddler here who is pissed and being hauled out because his $3 apple juice is still not good enough......Who just snuck back in and got his behind swatted (go Mom)!)  For all these people know I don't speak one word of English or I could be writing the next 50 Shades novella ;).
So in wrapping up my observations and thinking I really didn't write much of anything I realize I did meet my goal, I wrote. I let myself once again open the connection between my heart, mind and fingers and without fear recorded it.
 I do realize that the most important confirmation that I made today is that older ladies love them some white leather Sketchers. My daughter Maria has heard my white leather Sketcher rant many times....It concerns me.  Ladies, they may be comfy, and Lord knows they sell them cheap at the outlets but GOOD GAWD they are ugly. ANY lady who knows to sip her white chocolate, cinnamon topped latte in a Starbucks with her bestie while diss'ing her daughter in-law (Who apparently is not good enough for your baby boy who works so hard), deserves a fierce pair of sparkly Toms (at least)!
Do I Love You?
OH MY DO I!




No comments:

Post a Comment